New Year’s Resolution tips for your business
Happy New Year! Have you made any New Year’s Resolutions for your business? The start of the new year is a good time to reflect on your success over the last 12 months and embark on planning and goal-setting for the coming year.
At Tangent, we have a number of resources that can help you with your planning, and keep you on track to reach your goals. Here are our top tips:
- Write Your Plan – you are more likely to have success if you commit your goals and plans to paper than keep it in your head. Invest in a diary or even a beautiful Filofax to help you plan your business success. At Tangent, we have a vast range of diaries, calendars, Filofax organisers and wall-planners to help you plan effectively.
- Set SMART Goals – ensure your goals are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound), as this will help you make them clear and easier to achieve. If you have a business coach or mentor, speak to them about helping you set your SMART goals. Use one of our list books to help you write your goals down.
- Get Organised – a tidy and organised office will help keep you on track with your goals and will mean you and your staff can find what you need easily. Avery Labels offer a number of labelling and filing solutions and our office furniture service can help you with getting the right storage units in place.
- Keep healthy – to be effective in business, you and your staff need to stay healthy! Take frequent breaks and drink lots of water. We can supply plumbed-in water coolers, so there’ no excuse not to drink your 2 litres a day! We also offer ergonomic office furniture, including posture-approved seating and sit-and-stand desks, as well as a vast range of peripherals including wrist supports and foot rests to help with your comfort and well-being.
- Go Networking – a great way to grow your business is through regular networking. And it doesn’t have to be scary! There are many networking groups dedicated to small businesses who are very friendly and welcoming to put you at ease. Try something like the Federation of Small Businesses, of which Tangent is a member, or search for business networking groups in your area.
- Get Finances on Track – 31 January is the deadline for self-assessment tax returns, so if you haven’t already done yours, speak to your accountant or bookkeeper now! The end of the Financial Year is not far away (5 April), so be sure to talk to your accountant for advice on financial planning and the best ways to save your business money.
What do you think? Do you have any other tips for goal-setting? We’d love to hear from you.
When it comes to supplying you with your office stationery, you’ll be pleased to find that our prices are equal or even cheaper than the ones at larger well-known brands such as Viking, Lyreco, Staples and Rymans. That’s because we’re an independent family-run company who are part of a nationwide stationery dealer network which buys stock in bulk and retails at low prices
Here at Tangent Office Resources, we simply refuse to be beaten on price across a range of goods.
We are so confident that you won’t find cheaper prices elsewhere that, should we not be able to save you money on your office supplies, we will give you a £20 High Street gift voucher with no obligation.
We can supply everything you need to keep your busy office running smoothly, including all manner of office supplies, office furniture, printing supplies, corporate workwear, multi-function printers and much, much more.
You, of course, want to pay the cheapest prices going, but that does not mean you have to expect compromised levels of service or quality. When your printer runs dry of ink and is out of paper, you’ll want your new supplies as quickly as possible. Additionally, when it comes to placing your order the last thing you’ll want is to be left dangling on hold at a call centre.
At Tangent Office Resources we like to take the personal approach, rather than be a faceless company. We’re driven by service, not by sales, and we’ll help you get whatever it is you need.
Click HERE to read a letter to Tangent Office Resources from the Mayor of Bromley